Everythingonbusiness.com (“we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By submitting personal data to us, you agree to us using your data as follows.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Everythingonbusiness.com 30 Whitmore Close London N11 1PB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.everythingonbusiness.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
o We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
o Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent un-authorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To send you our newsletters from time to time.
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services from third parties which may be of interest to you. If you do not want to be contacted about such goods or services by third parties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out from receiving any such communications.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our sister website and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If any company within our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such company or business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.